Dry shampoo has become a staple in many people’s hair care routines, especially for those who don’t have the time or desire to wash their hair every day. However, not all dry shampoos are created equal. For those with colored hair, finding the right dry shampoo is essential to maintain the vibrancy and integrity of the color.
When it comes to choosing the best dry shampoo for colored hair, there are a few critical things to consider. Firstly, it’s essential to select a dry shampoo that is specifically formulated for colored hair. These types of dry shampoos are designed to protect and preserve the color while absorbing excess oil and refreshing the hair.
Another crucial factor to consider is the ingredients. Some dry shampoos contain harsh chemicals that can strip the hair of its natural oils and cause damage, especially to colored hair. Look for dry shampoos that are free of sulfates, parabens, and other harmful chemicals.
After researching and testing various dry shampoos, we have identified the top five best dry shampoos for colored hair. These dry shampoos not only refresh and revive the hair but also protect and enhance the color, leaving your hair looking and feeling its best.
Best Dry Shampoo for Colored Hair
We understand the struggle of maintaining vibrant hair color while trying to keep it clean and fresh. That’s why we’ve researched and tested various dry shampoos specifically formulated for colored hair. Our team has carefully selected the best products that not only refresh your hair but also protect and enhance your hair color. Check out our top picks below.
If you’re looking for a high-quality dry shampoo for your color-treated hair, Pureology Refresh & Go Dry Shampoo is worth considering.
- Absorbs oil effectively
- Protects color-treated hair from fading
- Vegan and silicone-free
- Expensive compared to other dry shampoos
- May not provide enough volume for some users
- Strong scent may be overpowering for some
We’ve been using this dry shampoo for a few weeks now and have been impressed with how well it absorbs oil without leaving any residue or buildup. It’s also been effective at protecting our color-treated hair from fading, which is a major plus.
One thing to keep in mind is that this dry shampoo is on the pricier side compared to other options on the market. Additionally, while it does provide some volume, it may not be enough for those who are looking for a more dramatic effect.
Finally, the scent of this dry shampoo is quite strong, which may be overpowering for some users. However, if you’re willing to overlook the price and scent, we think this is a great option for keeping your color-treated hair looking fresh and clean between washes.
If you’re looking for a dry shampoo that’s color safe, keratin safe, gluten-free, and vegan, then the Amika Perk Up Talc-Free Dry Shampoo might be the product for you.
- Absorbs excess oil, buildup, and odor without talc or aluminum
- Adds volume and cools scalp
- Contains sea buckthorn, a “superfruit” that promotes elasticity and hydration for hair and scalp
- Can is fat and difficult to hold without extra traction
- Not the strongest dry shampoo on the market
- Some users have reported issues with the can spraying properly
We’ve tried a lot of dry shampoos, and we have to say that the Amika Perk Up Talc-Free Dry Shampoo is one of our favorites. It’s easy to use and doesn’t leave any residue or buildup in our hair. Plus, it smells amazing!
One thing to note is that the can is a bit fat and can be difficult to hold, especially if you have smaller hands. We found that wrapping a few rubber bands around the can near the top helped give it some extra traction.
Overall, we highly recommend the Amika Perk Up Talc-Free Dry Shampoo for anyone looking for a gentle, effective dry shampoo that won’t damage colored or keratin-treated hair.
We highly recommend Moroccanoil Dry Shampoo Light Tones for anyone looking for a high-quality dry shampoo that is gentle on colored hair.
- Leaves hair feeling soft and clean
- Does not leave a gritty feeling like other dry shampoos
- Provides volume and support
- Expensive compared to other dry shampoos
- Does not work as well as some other high-end brands
- Can be difficult to find in stores
We were impressed with the results of Moroccanoil Dry Shampoo Light Tones. It effectively absorbed oil and left our hair feeling refreshed and clean. The dry shampoo also provided volume and support to our hair, making it look fuller and more voluminous.
One of the standout features of this dry shampoo is that it does not leave a gritty feeling like some other dry shampoos do. Instead, our hair felt soft and smooth after using it. The fragrance was also pleasant and not overpowering.
While Moroccanoil Dry Shampoo Light Tones is on the expensive side compared to other dry shampoos, we believe it is worth the investment for those looking for a high-quality product that is gentle on colored hair.
Overall, we highly recommend Moroccanoil Dry Shampoo Light Tones for anyone looking for a reliable and effective dry shampoo that will leave their hair feeling clean, soft, and voluminous.
If you’re looking for a dry shampoo that refreshes your hair and extends your colored look, Suave Professionals Keratin Infusion Color Care Dry Shampoo might be the perfect option for you.
- Suave Professionals Keratin Infusion Dry Shampoo absorbs refreshes hair and extends your colored look
- Keeps your hair clean, smooth, and manageable between washes
- Formulated with Keralock technology and infused with keratin
- Might not work for all hair types
- Can leave a white residue on dark hair if not properly brushed out
- The scent might be too strong for some people
We tried Suave Professionals Keratin Infusion Color Care Dry Shampoo and found that it works well to absorb oil from the scalp and refresh hair, leaving it looking and feeling clean and smooth. The formula is infused with keratin and formulated with Keralock technology, which helps to extend your colored look.
One of the benefits of this dry shampoo is that it’s waterless, making it a great option for when you’re in a hurry or out and about. It’s also salon-proven to refresh as well as Kerastase Powderbluff, which is a high-end brand.
However, it’s worth noting that this dry shampoo might not work for all hair types. Some people might find that it leaves a white residue on their hair if not properly brushed out. Additionally, the scent might be too strong for some people.
Overall, if you’re looking for an affordable dry shampoo that helps to keep your hair looking fresh and vibrant between washes, Suave Professionals Keratin Infusion Color Care Dry Shampoo is definitely worth a try.
If you’re looking for a dry shampoo that refreshes and maintains the richness of your dark colored hair, L’Oreal Paris EverPure Tinted Dry Shampoo for Dark Tones is a great choice.
- The tinted formula is perfect for brown and black hair.
- The luxurious fresh, floral fragrance is long lasting.
- The sulfate-free, paraben-free, gluten-free and vegan formula is gentle on your hair.
- It can make your hair look a bit stringy if you use too much.
- It may be a bit expensive compared to other dry shampoos.
- The color spray may not match your hair color perfectly.
This dry shampoo is easy to use. Shake the can vigorously to dispense pigments, spray 6-8 inches away from dry roots, let dry for 30 seconds, then massage into roots to instantly absorb oil. Brush through and style as desired.
L’Oreal Paris EverPure Tinted Dry Shampoo for Dark Tones is perfect for those days when you don’t have time to wash your hair. It absorbs excess oil, sweat and odor without leaving any white residue or weighing down your hair. Plus, it’s formulated with pure pigments and rice starch to maintain the richness of your dark colored hair.
Overall, we highly recommend L’Oreal Paris EverPure Tinted Dry Shampoo for Dark Tones to anyone with brown or black hair who wants a dry shampoo that refreshes and maintains their hair color.
If you’re looking for a dry shampoo that is specially formulated for dark hair, Batiste Dark Dry Shampoo is worth considering.
- No white residue: Unlike traditional dry shampoos, this tinted dry shampoo is formulated to blend seamlessly with both color treated and natural dark hair, leaving no white residue behind.
- Adds volume: This waterless shampoo targets excess oil and grease at the roots to breathe new life into your hair, leaving you feeling clean between washes. It also removes oils to provide added texture and volume that gives the appearance of fuller hair.
- Pleasant scent: Batiste Dark Hair Dry Shampoo has mild notes of bergamot, white peach and vanilla bean for a pleasant scent.
- Can be messy: If you’re not careful, the powderiness of this dry shampoo can get on your clothes or face.
- Not suitable for light hair: This dry shampoo is specifically formulated for dark hair, so it may not work as well for those with light hair.
- May require more product: Depending on the length and thickness of your hair, you may need to use more product to get the desired effect.
If you’re someone who frequently skips washes, Batiste Dark dry shampoo can be a lifesaver. It’s easy to use and instantly makes your hair feel clean and fresh by removing oil. Simply shake the bottle thoroughly, section your hair and spray as much as you want 12 inches from your roots, use your fingertips to massage the Batiste shampoo into your hair and brush or style your hair however you want so you can get going.
Overall, we recommend Batiste Dark Dry Shampoo for anyone with shades on the dark hair spectrum — color treated or natural. From mahogany to chocolate to midnight black, this dry shampoo has you covered.
We highly recommend purchasing Moroccanoil Dry Shampoo Dark Tones if you have dark hair and want a dry shampoo that doesn’t leave any visible residue.
- Specifically designed for dark hair
- Refreshes hair between washes
- Adds volume and softness to hair
- Expensive compared to other dry shampoos
- May make hair a little poofy
- Not as dark of a tone as other dark hair dry shampoos
Moroccanoil Dry Shampoo Dark Tones is our favorite dry shampoo for dark hair. It not only refreshes hair between washes but also adds volume and softness to hair. The scent is pleasant and the texture is amazing, melting directly into your hair. It doesn’t leave any visible residue, making it perfect for those with dark hair.
Although it is a bit expensive compared to other dry shampoos, it’s worth the price if you have dark hair and want a dry shampoo that works well without leaving any visible residue. It may make your hair a little poofy, but it’s a small price to pay for the benefits it provides.
Overall, Moroccanoil Dry Shampoo Dark Tones is a great investment for those with dark hair who want a dry shampoo that works well and doesn’t leave any visible residue.
If you’re looking for a quick and easy way to refresh your dark hair without washing it, Batiste Divine Dark Dry Shampoo is a great option.
- The hint of color blends seamlessly with dark hair, avoiding any white residue.
- The quick burst formula revitalizes hair and removes excess grease, leaving it feeling clean and fresh.
- Perfect for on-the-go use, it adds body and texture to hair between washes.
- The scent may be too strong for some users.
- It may not work as well for those with extremely oily hair.
- The color may not match all shades of dark hair.
I recently tried Batiste Divine Dark Dry Shampoo and was impressed with how well it worked on my dark hair. The hint of color blended in perfectly, and there was no white residue left behind. The formula quickly absorbed excess oil and left my hair feeling clean and refreshed. It also added some much-needed volume and texture to my hair, which tends to fall flat between washes.
One thing to note is that the scent is quite strong, so if you’re sensitive to fragrance, this may not be the best option for you. Additionally, if you have extremely oily hair, you may need to reapply the dry shampoo throughout the day to keep your hair looking fresh. Finally, the color may not match all shades of dark hair, so it’s important to test it out before committing to a full bottle.
Overall, I would recommend Batiste Divine Dark Dry Shampoo to anyone looking for a quick and easy way to refresh their dark hair between washes. It’s affordable, effective, and easy to use, making it a great addition to any hair care routine.
We highly recommend the Pureology Hydrate Moisturizing Shampoo for those with medium to thick color-treated hair who are looking for a sulfate-free and vegan option that deeply hydrates and softens dry hair.
- Leaves hair feeling soft and deeply hydrated
- Sulfate-free and vegan
- Nice lavender, patchouli, and bergamot scent
- Expensive compared to other options
- Can be difficult to tell when the bottle is running low
- May not work as well for those with thin or fine hair
After using this shampoo for a few weeks, we noticed a significant improvement in the quality of our hair. The scent is pleasant and not overpowering, and it leaves our hair feeling soft and deeply hydrated. We appreciate that it is sulfate-free and vegan, making it a great option for those with sensitive scalps or who are looking for more natural hair care products.
However, the price point is higher than some other options on the market, and it can be difficult to tell when the bottle is running low due to the opaque packaging. Additionally, those with thin or fine hair may find that it weighs down their hair too much.
Overall, we highly recommend the Pureology Hydrate Moisturizing Shampoo for those with medium to thick color-treated hair who are looking for a high-quality, sulfate-free, and vegan option that deeply hydrates and softens dry hair.
If you’re looking for a gentle and effective anti-dandruff shampoo that’s also sulfate-free and safe for colored hair, Keranique Anti Dandruff Shampoo might be the one for you.
- Provides relief for dandruff, seborrheic dermatitis, and psoriasis symptoms
- Gently exfoliates the scalp and cleanses away excess oils and product build-up
- Purifies, moisturizes, and repairs thinning hair, reducing hair fall due to breakage
- Might not be suitable for severe or chronic dandruff cases
- Some users might find the scent too strong or not to their liking
- May not work for all hair types or textures
As someone who has struggled with dandruff and itchy scalp for years, I was excited to try Keranique Anti Dandruff Shampoo and see if it could help me get rid of these annoying issues. After using it for a few weeks, here’s what I think.
First of all, I appreciate that this shampoo is cruelty-free and formulated with natural ingredients like aloe vera leaf juice, sweet almond oil, and hydrolyzed quinoa. I also like that it’s sulfate-free, which means it won’t strip my hair of its natural oils or fade my color.
In terms of performance, I found that Keranique Anti Dandruff Shampoo did a great job of relieving my scalp from itching, flaking, and redness. The salicylic acid 3% formula gently exfoliated my scalp and removed any product build-up or excess oils that could be contributing to dandruff. I also noticed that my hair felt softer, smoother, and more voluminous after using this shampoo, which is a nice bonus.
However, I do think that this shampoo might not work for everyone. If you have severe or chronic dandruff, you might need a stronger or prescription-strength shampoo to see results. Also, some users might find the scent of this shampoo too strong or not to their liking, as it has a citrusy and slightly medicinal aroma.
Overall, I would recommend Keranique Anti Dandruff Shampoo to anyone who’s looking for a gentle and effective way to relieve dandruff symptoms and improve the health and appearance of their hair. Just keep in mind that it might not work for all hair types or textures, and that you might need to use it consistently for a few weeks to see the best results.
When choosing the best dry shampoo for colored hair, there are a few key features to consider. Here are some factors to keep in mind:
Look for a dry shampoo that is free of harsh chemicals and sulfates, as these can strip the color from your hair. Instead, opt for products that contain gentle, natural ingredients like rice starch, oatmeal, and kaolin clay.
Make sure the dry shampoo you choose is specifically formulated for colored hair. This will help ensure that the product won’t dull or fade your hair color.
Dry shampoos come in a variety of formulas, including powders, sprays, and foams. Consider which formula type will work best for your hair type and styling needs.
Look for a dry shampoo that is easy to apply and won’t leave a residue on your hair. Some products come with an applicator brush, while others can be sprayed directly onto the hair.
Choose a dry shampoo with a scent that you enjoy, as you’ll be smelling it throughout the day. Some popular scents include lavender, citrus, and coconut.
By considering these factors, you can find the best dry shampoo for your colored hair that will help you maintain your hair color and keep your locks looking fresh and clean.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are some good dry shampoos for colored hair?
There are many great dry shampoos for colored hair on the market. Some of our favorites include Batiste Hint of Color Dry Shampoo, Klorane Dry Shampoo with Oat Milk, and Living Proof Perfect Hair Day Dry Shampoo.
Which dry shampoos are safe to use on colored hair?
Many dry shampoos are safe to use on colored hair, but it’s important to look for ones that are specifically formulated for colored hair. Some of our top picks include Amika Perk Up Dry Shampoo, Oribe Gold Lust Dry Shampoo, and Drybar Detox Dry Shampoo.
What dry shampoos are sulfate-free and safe for colored hair?
Sulfate-free dry shampoos are a great option for those with colored hair. Some of our favorites include Briogeo Scalp Revival Charcoal + Biotin Dry Shampoo, R+Co Spiritualized Dry Shampoo Mist, and Kristin Ess Style Reviving Dry Shampoo.
Can dry shampoo be used on colored hair?
Yes, dry shampoo can be used on colored hair, but it’s important to choose a dry shampoo that is specifically formulated for colored hair. Using a dry shampoo that is not formulated for colored hair may cause your hair color to fade or become dull.
What are some color protecting dry shampoos?
Color protecting dry shampoos are a great option for those with colored hair. Some of our favorites include Pureology Style + Protect Refresh & Go Dry Shampoo, IGK First Class Charcoal Detox Dry Shampoo, and Moroccanoil Dry Shampoo.
Is there a dry shampoo specifically for red-colored hair?
Yes, there are dry shampoos specifically formulated for red-colored hair. Some of our top picks include Batiste Beautiful Brunette Dry Shampoo, Klorane Dry Shampoo with Nettle for Oily Hair and Dark Shades, and AG Hair Dry Shampoo Simply Dry.