If you want healthy hair, you need to pay attention to what you put in your body. It’s essential to keep the root of hair (the part underneath the scalp) healthy.
To do this, you need to feed your body vitamins that will nourish your hair. You can do this by incorporating more fruits into your diet. Here are 12 fruits for hair growth that you should be eating regularly.
Fruits for Hair Growth
Citrus fruits are high in Vitamin C. Of course Vitamin C is crucial for immunity support, but did you know that it’s also beneficial for faster growing hair? Vitamin C aids in the growth and repair of tissues and proteins. A Vitamin C deficiency can lead to dry hair that is more prone to damage. (Source: UMM Medical Center)
If you notice more split ends or your hair seems to feel dry, you may need more of this vitamin in your diet. It’s very beneficial to eat foods that naturally contain this nutrient. Some of the best fruits that contain higher levels of Vitamin C are:
4. Passion Fruit
B Vitamin Complex Fruits
B Vitamins are essential for healthy hair growth. Without these nutrients, your body would not be able to metabolize proteins or repair and create new cells. B Vitamins also maintain a healthy circulation in your body so the root of your hair gets what it needs. If you feel like your hair grows slowly, you probably aren’t getting enough of all of the necessary B Vitamins. Try to eat more unprocessed foods. These fruits are excellent sources of B Vitamins:
Berry fruits are high in antioxidants and can be very beneficial to your hair and overall health. Doctors believe the same nutrients that give berries their bright colors are what make these fruits so healthy. The antioxidants in these fruits help protect your body from harmful free radicals and help strengthen your hair:
Tips For Eating Fruits For Hair Growth:
- Try to eat organic fruits when you can, especially if you’ll be eating the skin.
- If you can eat a fruit’s skin, don’t waste it: the skin of fruits is often where the highest level of vitamins are.
- Some fruits are high in natural sugar, so eat just a few servings a day.
- If you’re looking for a way to grow your hair even faster, consider taking a daily hair vitamin as well.
- Combining healthy fruits with a hair supplement will ensure that you’re getting all the right vitamins and nutrients you need to grow healthy hair faster.